If you didn’t tune in today then go here to listen to this topic on my internet blog radio show – Natural Hair, Beauty & Frugal Finds!
There are so many great brands of makeup on the market such as MAC, Clinique, Smashbox, etc. Then you have your stores like Ulta, Sephora, department stores, and local drug stores to choose from. It’s really hard to pick and choose sometimes as there are so many options. I’m really interested in natural, vegan and organic makeup at the moment as I do wear my hair natural! As we all know this trickles into other parts of your life.
I did a little research and I want to share what I have found so far. I’ve posted links below to some of the info that I found. I also found some really great brands as well.
The average woman spends hundreds of $’s on cosmetics per year. Now organic makeup is typically very expensive but it is also usually made of 100% natural ingredients like vitamins, minerals, natural butters, oils, mica, etc. There are typically no chemicals, waxes, additives, preservatives, or additives.
Some chemicals in cosmetics can damage your skin, cause allergic reactions, and further irritate skin conditions such as acne. Some of these chemicals are known to be associated with cancer. Some are known to be toxic over time with use. Some chemicals you should definitely avoid include:
- polyethelene glycol
There are many positives about natural, vegan, or organic makeup which include the following:
- contain nutrient rich vitamins and minerals
- protect the skin
- provide moisture
- have fainter scents
- use less makeup tools
- easy application
- fight UVB/UVA rays from the sun (look for titanium oxide, zinc oxide, and iron oxide)
- provide nourishment
- hydrate the skin
- contain natural preservatives (i.e. vitamin C and E)
- contain antioxidants that fight cancer (i.e. green tea extract)
Brands and websites that I found:
- Eve Organics – www.eveorganicsbeauty.com – Michigan based, offering natural, organic, and vegan makeup, skincare, and body products. Has great eyeshadow colors, lip glazes/gloss/balms, bronzers, mascara, foundations, and concealers.
- Brazen Cosmetics – http://www.brazencosmetics.com
- Afterglow – www.afterglowcosmetics.com
- Organic Beauty Now – www.organicbeautynow.com
- Lavera – http://www.lavera.com
- Ecco Bella – www.eccobella.com
- All Natural Cosmetics – http://www.allnaturalcosmetics.com
- Tarte Cosmetics – http://www.tartecosmetics.com
- www.sephora.com, www.walgreens.com, www.ulta.com – check here for more brands!
Sources and Links for more info: