As promised, this is what I provide my clients after they receive natural hair color service. Another thing to think about not listed below is doing an Olaplex Treatment every 12 weeks or 3 months. This is not a protein treatment but a bond reconstructing treatment that rebuilds any broken bonds during the coloring process. Ask your stylist about this one. I make a point to do this through out the color process.
Please know that the purpose of altering your regimen with colored natural hair is to ensure the following:
- preserve hair color and stop fading (note: hair color fades in the sun)
- pack moisture back into the hair
- soften the hair
- brighten highlights
- counteract brassiness or ashiness
- enhance existing color
RECOMMENDED COLOR CARE FOR NATURAL HAR BY EMBRACE HAIR ART
COLOR CARE TIPS
- DO A DEEP CONDITION AND/OR PROTEIN TREATMENT BEFORE YOUR COLOR SERVICE (THESE ARE ADD ON SERVICES THAT CAN BE DONE IN THE SALON OR AT HOME)
- GET REGULAR TRIMS (6-8 WEEKS) TO DECREASE SPLIT ENDS
- STICK TO MINIMAL OR HEAT AVOIDANCE
- MOISTURIZE DAILY WITH WATER/OIL/CONDITIONER IN SPRAY BOTTLE, A MOISTURIZING LEAVE IN CONDITIONER OR WATER BASED MOISTURIZER
- USE SULFATE FREE CLEANSERS AND CONDITIONERS
- BLONDE HAIR CARE (VIOLET SHAMPOOS HELP ALLEVIATE BRASSINESS)
- STICK TO A WEEKLY CLEANSING REGIMEN (SHAMPOO + CONDITION)
- STICK TO LOW TENSION STYLES
RECOMMENDED PRODUCTS AT HOME FOR COLOR CARE:
*Most products can be found at Sally’s Beauty Supply, Target, Walgreens, etc.
- SHAMPOO – NATURELLE BIOTERRA ULTRA COLOR CARE CARE CONDITIONER (SULFATE FREE), Carol’s Daughter Black Vanilla Moisure + Shine Sulfate Free Shampoo, L’oreal Everpure Sulfate Free Color Care System
- CONDITIONER – NATURALLE BIOTERRA ULTRA COLOR CARE CONDITIONER, Carol’s Daughter Black Vanilla, L’oreal Everpure Sulfate Free Color Care System
- DEEP CONDITIONER – SAME AS CONDITIONER ABOVE JUST USE A STEAMER OR SIT UNDER DRYER FOR 15 MINS
- PROTEIN TREATMENT – GIOVANNI NUTRIFIX HAIR RECONSTUCTOR
- STYLER – Any styler will work just stick to stylers that are alcohol free and those free of heavy dyes. Also, ensure that it is color safe.
*Disclaimer – These are just recommendations, please ensure bear in mind any allergies that you might have or any other health issue before choosing to adhere to any tips listed above.
Again hope this helps a Curl out!
~Embrace the Natural You~
Licensed Cosmetologist + Natural Hair Stylist
Embrace Hair Art
@embracehairart | @genevieveanyiah
Connect with me on Facebook