I recently posted about how I keep up with my natural hair and stick to a 4-5 day a week work out regimen. See post here. There are several products that I have found myself reaching for over and over again! These products have been treating my hair right this winter!
I won’t mention the ingredients but I will def give you Curlies the links to the websites of these products! Now you know I have never led you astray (well there was that one time…)! All of these products are packed with loads of moisture or keep the moisture in.
- Jessicurl Cleansing Cream
- Jessicurl Too Shea! Extra Moisturizing Conditioner
- EverButter Chocolate Souffle Leave In Conditioner
- EverButter Genesis Butter
- EverButter Lovely Curl Moisturizing Spray
- Curl Junkie Repair Me! Reconstructive Treatment
- Mielle Organics Babassu Oil & Mint Deep Conditioning Treatment
- Mielle Organics Avocado Hair Milk
- The Mane Choice “Don’t Get Much Butter Than This”
- Entwine Couture Total Perfection Argan Oil
- Karen’s Body Beautiful Sweet Ambrosia Leave In Conditioner
- Karen’s Body Beautiful Super Duper Hydrating Hair Cream (not pictured)
As far as a winter regimen>>>you must have one! How else do you expect your hair to grow and to retain length. The goal is to moisturize moisturize moisturize! The cold air here in the Midwest and the Northeast is taking a toll on us natural hair Curlies! See here on some more tips from NatuallyCurly.com.
This is my regimen:
- Start on Sunday afternoon…or Friday night (pick a day to start on and stick to it!)
- Cleanse with sulfate free shampoo – 1x weekly (no exceptions)
- Co-wash (only if scalp is feeling or looking “interesting”…) in between poos
- Deep condition for 45 mins (alternate between protein free and use a shower cap for goodness sakes) – 1x weekly
- Protein treatment – every 4 weeks
- Plop with an old t-shirt wrapped around my head (absorbs the excess water)
- Style on damp hair
- Apply a leave in conditioner (this softens your hair and makes it easier to style)
- Apply a moisturizer over the leave in conditioner
- Seal your ends with an oil or butter (don’t go overboard here>>>we don’t want our style to be weighed down or greasy)
- Start off with a protective style like two strand twists (works for me because of my workout regimen)
- Protect hair nightly with a satin scarf or bonnet OR sleep on a satin pillow case (no exceptions)
- Make sure you hair isn’t making contact with rough materials like wool, cotton, etc.
- Mid week or earlier – take out the twists and rock an awesome twist out!
- Maintain the twist out via a pineapple secured with satin scrunchie (for you longer hair having Curlies) or do maintenance twists OR Restyle with a moisturizer OR cowash and then style!
~Embrace the Natural You